4.15.2010

Can you Be in LOVE with a Tree?

A little background...
growing up my family and I headed out west just about every summer to camp

{photo from Destination 360}

of course I didn't know it then....
but looking back...
those were some great times.

I guess it was then that I fell in love
with the Quaking Aspen tree!


Now we live in IL
where you don't see many aspen trees
but we did a little research
and discovered that we are on the
tippy
tippy
end
of their "growing  zone"
so we decided to get two last year
hoping and praying they would survive.


We positioned them near our family room window
so we could enjoy them from
the inside and the outside

we even have a bench between them and
a windchime (mothers day gift!)
to complete the feel.


I love sitting out there and hearing them quake
and watching their leaves shimmer...
...no they really do!

some day we will live out west and have
too many Aspen trees to count
but for now I'll just be here on this bench



1 comment:

  1. Of course as a child/young adult...you don't really realize how wonderful those years really were until you're "older"!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete