4.14.2010

Making Muffins...Making Memories

The girls made muffins today...
all on their own
it was so gratifying to watch...

but a little hard sometimes I must admit...

you see...
I tend to micro-manage...
and control

not a pretty habit I know and...
one I work on DAILY it seems

but oh the things they can do...

and the fun they can have...

when you just let them
BE

and be they did

in the glory of their sisterly moment

without mom interferring

they saw it through to the very end...
an end which included adding the "Fairy Dust"
as they called it

and their masterpiece
was spectacular
and all theirs

they played in the strangest little places
while waiting for them to bake

and built even more
memories
on this muffin making morning

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    Adorable pictures they look like they are having so much fun making those muffins!!!
    I want to thank you for all your sweet comments.....
    Also in reply to those wire baskets. I think there one of my favorite finds. I got them a couple years ago at a huge rummage
    sale they were like 5 bucks each. What a bargain! I wish I would of bought all they had...Oh well, I got 5 of them.
    They were old gym baskets from the High School.
    Hope your having a wonderful day!
    Lovely blog and Family!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I micro manage too... daily working on it too!! ;)

    I think I must do this with my kids and let them just do it! Maybe Sunday!? =)

    mine play in funny little places too.. love listening to them while they are memory building!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifull! Beautifull your blog and your dedication!!! I'm following! Sorry my english...hahahah!
    kisses!

    ReplyDelete