4.20.2010

The Joys of Jury Duty

Dave had jury duty last week and
when he was released early on Thursday
he came home to surprise me with the
PERFECT gift...
TIME!
alone time...for me...on a Thursday?!
{lots of yippees and squeals of delight}


so I headed to one of my favorite "far-away"
shops for just that

Now this store is quite a ways
from our home,
and with a nursing baby left behind
there was not a second to loose


I enjoyed the beautifully  silent drive
and the only ladies I occasionally heard
were in one...
{photos from Flickr}

After lazy walks through the shop
taking it all in
I came upon these little signs
and just had to have them
I love what I saw on the Nesters blog
about having encouraging 
and uplifting sayings
around your home, 
so these had to come live with us
(signs stacked for photo purposes only...they are indeed spread throughout the house!:) )

I also found this wonderful wreath for our front door



It was a wonderfully uplifting alone kind of day...
who knew jury duty could do that!

Have you had any good old fashioned alone time lately?






4 comments:

  1. Hooray for Jury Duty! Who knew? :)
    This happened to me Sunday...a couple of hours solo...pure BLISS. Sounds like you had a great day, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the signs...love your new background and your title with photo. You must teach me how to do that when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the signs you got. I have the last saying framed at my "nest." I need the reminder daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gifts don't get much better than that, do they?! And I love that nesting block with the encouraging phrases. I am going to be on the hunt for one now! :)

    ReplyDelete