5.20.2010

A Moment

During the upstairs hustle and bustle 
of getting ready for school, 
sometimes...
if you stop and look for it...
you can find a  moment.

Today I found one...

I was coming out of my room looking for Janey 
wondering if she had 
brushed her teeth
brushed her hair
made her bed
and put her jammies away
when I stumbled upon this
Janey had turned on one of her music boxes
and had Aubrey snuggled in her lap reading her a story

I wished I could have gotten one from another view
but I didn't want to spoil the moment.

This was a special moment in my heart for many reasons
I loved seeing Janey reading to Aubrey
taking the caregiver role and being a big sis...
a big sis in a world where she is so used to being the little sis

Janey has been going through some "things" lately
{more on that later...}
not always making the best of choices 
and feeling a tad bit out of sorts 

So I think this was a perfect moment for her too
I love you Janey! 

4 comments:

  1. Super, super, super sweet! Glad you came upon this. Hope your day is great! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh I LOVE this! It looks like something in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love moments like this! makes your heart melt. your children are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet and special...glad you were able to catch that.

    ReplyDelete