8.03.2010

Weekend Glimpses...a little late

wow...can it be Tuesday already?!
this weekend flew by.
it was a great weekend
but a rather blurry one
the days just seemed to flow into one another
and get lost

it was filled with a lot of the extraordinarily ordinary













homemade dance shows
Aubrey's new fascination with headbands
Daddy's yummy breakfasts (Pioneer Women's Blueberry Crumb Cake)
{funny story...when we had the leftovers the next day Janey said..."after you have it once it's not really as life changing the second time"!...too cute!! :)}
mosaics
laundry...with help
letter writing

and we also filled it with a bit of the out-of-the-ordinary

we decided to jump head first into a major (for us)
home improvement project
we are adding board and battan to our basement playroom
so far I am Over the Moon in love
with how it is all turning out
my sweet honey worked for hours upon hours
(with a little help from his eager assistants)
we are more then half way done
but with a family vacation looming on the horizon
this little project will be put on hold for a bit
I can't wait to share all the details

What did you do this weekend?
Any great home improvement projects?

14 comments:

  1. I have seen the Blueberry Crumb Cake and my mouth has been watering. It looks DELISH! Your weekend project looks fabulous. Lucky girl. I always love a little home project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had a very quiet weekend.

    I love the pic of the girls watching at the oven door. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The board & batten looks great! I have been thinking of adding it in our hallway. Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The board & batten looks great...can't wait to see what it will look like when complete. What wonderful helpers you had!
    Weekend...what weekend...everyday is a blur to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. while the board & batten really does look fabulous, I have to admit that it's that blueberry crumb cake that is calling out to me - yum!! Will have to search your blog to see if that recipe is posted, looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing little ones help out. it is so good for them to learn that they can do these things at an early age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the board and batten is a great addition! i can't wait for our move, i'm itching for a home improvement project, but who wants to improve a home that's sold?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cindy, your blog was so fun to peruse (sp?). I had never heard of board and batten before but it looks so good with the blue. The girls are getting so big. I cant wait to see you all on Thursday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the anniversary wishes. The laundry land is getting smaller. So not my favorite thing! Hopefully tomorrow I can resurface and head outside for some gardening. Love your basement project.
    We are in the middle of a major basement organization/room redo. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all...LOVING the board and batten!! More pix when you're finished! It seems there is always a home improvement project going on here. And secondly..a big thank you for your advice on sleeping or rather non-sleeping babies! I'm going to check out that book!! Have a happy day Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh! I'm a sucker for decorative mouldings. Board and batten ranking high on the list. Looks GREAT! Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by! What a productive weekend! Fresh paint, baked goods, AND helpful kids?! Can't get much better than that! :) Can't wait to see the finished room! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would be over the moon too!! Love it! and the colors are beautiful!! Can't wait to see it finished... after you settle in from vacation!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like it's turning out great! I want to see the after picutres!! I'm thinking of doing the same in our bedroom.

    ReplyDelete