10.01.2010

Soccer

soccer came to an end last night
we put away our cleats and hung up our medals
both girls had amazing seasons


{I am THE worst sports photographer they are all either blurry, too far away or of the back of their heads
I need serious help...and a new camera!!!! }


they made new friends
they worked hard
they had fun
they loved every single minute of it
they especially loved all that extra time with Daddy

I will miss cheering them on
but I will not miss all those hours at the soccer field
Aubrey in the carrier begging to get down
keeping her busy
and fed
and off the field
whew...I need a medal!

tomorrow is Saturday
there is no soccer
I think we are heading to PANERA!

Happy Friday!
Enjoy the day,
Cindy

10 comments:

  1. we are just in the middle of our soccer season here. It is such a great sport for everyone... and so much fun (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel that way at the end of a season too. . .kind of relieved and excited about having some more time with the kids.

    I remember those days of trying to keep the "little one" happy. . .yes, you do deserve a medal or at least a latte!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least this season has been warmer. Last year Brady (for the first time) played soccer in the fall and the first game I froze! I thought I should go looking kind of cute...and there all the other (seasoned) moms were all covered in big blankets and all warm. It doesn't take me too long to learn!
    I bet next season will be easier on the soccer field. Maybe Aubrey can be water girl?! :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate! I LOVE Panera. French Onion soup...YUM. Enjoy your Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad they had such a great season! It's so important to have fun when doing sports. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like they really enjoyed it! Congratulations to them on their metals!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, a good season! You are right - you do need a medal! And a carefree open Saturday! Enjoy Panera - I love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Cindi!!
    YOu won the book give-a-way on my blog. I am so excited to be giving this book away!!
    E-mail me your address and I will send it right out!! Thanks for commenting and reading my blog!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Glad they had a great season!
    We are still in the middle of it here!
    Yum Panera....get a big ol cinnamon bun and have a bite or 2 for me!
    Enjoy the relaxed pace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah... us mommies need the medals!! ha ha! I think we had our last sunny game this Saturday... *sigh* the next four games will be cold and wet... unless we get lucky! Do you have an action mode on your camera?? that always helps!! I am aching for a camera period! I can't stand watching Fall arrive with my broken camera!! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete