it was the go to place when parents were in town visiting...and they could pay
or sometimes we would scrounge up enough for just the soup, salad and bread sticks
it came to mind a few years back and dave tried to copy it for me
he did an amazing job!
we have had this soup twice already this fall and it is a favorite for the whole family
here is dave's recipe...in his words...
Chicken Velvet Soup
· One whole deli rotisserie chicken (or roast your own)
· 12 C of water
· 3 tbsp. chicken base
· Salt & Pepper to Taste
· 2 C 1/2&1/2
· ½ stick of butter
· 1 C dry white wine (I used Pinot Grigio)
· 1 tbsp. dried tarragon
· 3-4 tbsp. corn starch mixed with equivalent amount of water
· Pull all of the white meat off of the chicken, chop finely, and set aside
· Pull all dark meat, skin and bones apart and put in a large stock pot with water, chicken base and salt & pepper
· Bring to a simmer and hold for a couple of hours
· Strain the stock through a fine mesh colander and return to the stock pot
· Add wine and butter to the stock and return to a simmer
· Add ½ & ½ , additional salt & pepper to taste and tarragon
· Mix 3-4 tbsp. of corn starch with an equivalent amount of water until smooth
· Add slowly until desired thickness is achieved
· You may need more or less corn starch/water mixture
· Add the chicken to the soup and simmer covered for 30 minutes
· Using an immersion blender, puree’ the soup until smooth
· Adjust the salt, pepper and tarragon seasoning and simmer for 5 additional minutes
*******i have a favorite song i can not get out of my head
it's not a new song by any means
but i swear i must listen to it at least 5 times a day at home
and when i am in the car alone...forget it....i jam it 10 times in a row at an unbelievable volume :)
just incase you wanted to obsess along with me, here's what i've been listening to nonstop for weeks
don't forget to pause my music down below
i love the musicality of it
the story behind it
do you have an old favorite song you play over an over?
hip hip horray!
big weekend plans?
we are hoping for a trip to the pumpkin patch...
have a happy day and a lovely weekend,