6.10.2010

Pastina

Ok...today was dress rehearsal for the girls dance recital tomorrow
We were running late so sorry no pictures
but not only do we LOVE this fast and easy meal
we had it for dinner tonight!

Dave found the recipe in this book
It is called Pastina for Children 
and boy is it a favorite at our house.

5 cups chicken broth
1/2 pound pastina or other small pasta for soup
2 T butter
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving

In a saucepan set over moderate heat, 
bring the chicken broth to a boil.  
Add the pastina and cook, stirring occasionally, until it's al dente.  
Stir in the butter and Parmesan and serve at once.  
Add some additional Parmesan on the top if you  like.

Add some applesauce, buttered wheat bread and carrot sticks to your plate and call it dinner!
Enjoy!!

PS If you are the one cleaning up after this wonderful dinner...
soak your pot once it's empty...it can be a bit of a "scrubber"!

I am linking to Nancy
so be sure to head on over there for some more yummy easy recipes!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy!
    No worries on the bloggy comment mix up! I know how crazy things are for all of us right now!
    I love your ordinary miracles post. I have heard that Blurb books are great for printing out blogs. Never tried it...but have seen it around in a few places.
    Google Blurb Books and check it out!
    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. Sounds like comfort food. I could go for some right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word! this sounds right up our alley. simple and delish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy! I will have to give that a try!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've gotta try this! "ABC soup" is a favorite with the ballerinas. That's simply ABC pasta cooked in chicken broth as soup. This sounds one step beyond and I bet it would be a hit! Thanks!

    Oh, and that fountain in our backyard is my FAVORITE thing about it. We built a small patio area a few years ago and the first thing I did was run out to get a fountain. I checked out a lot of them b/c I wanted one that made a soothing water sound. It is heaven and I go there to feel peaceful. :)

    ReplyDelete