7.02.2010

Morning Walks

Our morning walks are one of the many simple pleasure this slow paced summer has given the girls and I.
Usually around 8:30, after breakfast has been eaten and cleaned up, beds made and jammies changed , (or not), we head out to walk the neighborhood.

Aubrey in her carrier.
And the girls on foot.
Sometimes they ride their scooters or bikes. 
I like it best when they walk.  
We can hold hands and go at a slower pace.
I love the treasures we find along the way.
 the fun we have







and the quiet

But mostly I love our talks.  Yesterday we talked the whole way about where we were going to live when we grow up.  Riley wants to live out west with Dave, Aubrey and I.  Janey wants to live in a big city like Chicago. She chose this city so she could buy Riley's daughters American Girl stuff whenever she wanted to.  



She doesn't want a car because she doesn't want to learn to drive, and she wants to ride the bus not take a cab.  She will make us all keys to her apt. so we can get in whenever we want to.  We are going to come live with Janey for half of the year so she won't be lonely.


Riley on the other hand wants to drive a sports car (yikes!) and then get a van.  Riley wants a big house with 3 floors so we can all come visit.

I so love these times with my girls.  
I wish I could record every word they say so I could hold on to it forever.

What simple slow paced moments are your summer favorites?

8 comments:

  1. I love the shadows picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Cindy...it's always the simple everyday moments with our family that truly mean the most.
    And taking a walk is probably not even on your summer list!
    Brady and I have been running in the evenings together. he likes We go about a mile and a half before he tires out! I love the conversation too during this time.
    Happy July 4th weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the walks with my kids and the treasures they find is one of my most favorite things, too!

    one of my favorite slow-paced summer things to do is spend time at my parent's cabin...outside, un-plugged, just the 4 of us...so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. What a sweet post. I would love to start taking more walks with my boys. Your pics look so leisurely & relaxed. I'm sure your girls will have fond memories of this time together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cindy - we've been walking too! We've had a really nice long run of beautiful days, so we'll either walk or ride bikes ... sometimes with a destination in mind, sometimes just a loop and back home - I love your photos of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great pix! My little ballerina has that same Hanna dress. Love it's bright, fun flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think those white flowers are Queen Ann's Lace. Love your shadow pictures.

    ReplyDelete