9.07.2010

Weekend Glimpses

what a beautiful long weekend.
we sure did fill it with a whole lot of goodness.
game Night
ginger-ale (gotta get it even) and popcorn
Rummy-Q and Guess Who
see Janey's clown...perfect!
Daddy was a teacher 
I was a kangaroo...perfect again!:)



the weather could not have been better for our Saturday morning trip to the Farmers Market
we got all the essentials in my book
kettle corn
soy candles
and the fixins for homemade salsa



while Dave started working on the laundry room bench
the girls and I took a scooter and wagon ride
we finished with some backyard fun




we moved our old laundry room bench to the family room
Aubrey likes setting up her friends on it
oh...and climbing up on it herself too
uh-oh



Saturday Dave and the girls camped out in the backyard
the night was gorgeous
cool and crisp
they had fun reading by lantern light
watching another episode in the "Lamby Series" (don't ask...silly show put on by Janey, but only in tents)
star gazing
telling stories
laughing
snuggling
getting wet from the tarp left off to star gaze
warming up with early morning hot chocolate




while Dave and Riley went grocery shopping, 
Janey and Aubrey had some silly indoor camping fun
who is that cutie in disguise??




we had our good friends over Sunday night for delicious homemade pizza
wish I had taken more pictures of the pizza (I live with an amazing pizza maker)
but I was too busy keeping everyone happy and fed
the kids had a great time being silly and going on scavenger hunts
isn't it funny...our best friends have 3 boys and we have 3 girls! 




we spent our last long weekend day at a Forest Preserve near-by
the water was an amazing color
we walked out on the dock and along one of the nature paths
it was a great day

today it is Tuesday
the weekend is over and everyone returns to school
Dave is taking one more day off 
so we get a lunch date!

Hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend

Enjoy the day,
Cindy

16 comments:

  1. looks like a busy and fun filled weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great long weekend!
    We love Rummy-Q too. Camping...outside and inside! Yes!
    Enjoy your lunch date. I might have one today too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rummy-Q is on of our favs!!

    Sounds like a great way to send the summer off!

    Enjoy your lunch date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I tell you how jealous I am of your kids in jackets? It was 86 when I went riding this morning--at 5 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I tell you how jealous I am of your kids in jackets? It was 86 when I went riding this morning--at 5 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun weekend. Enjoy your lunch date!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had lunch with my hubby today too!
    I was feeling kind of lazy after our weekend....but after reading all that you fit into your long weekend...now I really feel lazy! Today I'm gettin' stuff done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, CIndy, I can't believe that I am seeing FLEECE in these photos?! It really looks like early Fall there, amazing! And are those ladybugs on that pink/green sleeping bag that I see?!?! If so, I'd love to hear more ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Long sleeves!!!!!! I can't even imagine! So jealous of that and your lunch date!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are wonderful pictures Cindi!
    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. Just wanted you to know how much I appreciate each one!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun weekend! I also love that you had jackets on....totally jealous here. Boyd will be wearing shorts to his first day of school today.

    I love the color of that water at the nature preserve too. It's gorgeous.

    Your collages are all so cute. Your kiddos are gorgeous! I love seeing your sweet, happy family.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an incredible weekend! I can't wait to start doing some of those things with my LO, like campouts and game nights, so fun! Hope you had a great lunch date and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your photo collages! Do you scrapbook too?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds and looks like a wonderful and busy holiday weekend. :) I hope you enjoyed your date!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like so much fun. Those rummicue tiles bring back memories!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that lake! and the indoor tent!! ;)

    ReplyDelete