10.07.2010

Good for the Soul

well...yesterday was a wonderful wednesday indeed
i decided to abandon the computer
get outside
look for the good
and be grateful

Aubrey and i surprised Riley
and signed her out for lunch (Janey was on a field trip)
we headed to a park for a picnic

the weather was perfect and so was the company

i think Aubrey loved the fact that she could run around 
and play with sticks during lunch

Riley got her exercise chasing after that little peanut
but she never complained

thanks for a wonderful wedneday lunch date Riley
{we tried getting Aubrey in the picture...let's just say...impossible!}

*********

after dropping the girls off at school yesterday morning
i noticed something on the back window
Riley had written, in all the dust,
"A cool Mom drives this car!"
now that's pretty awesome I think

**********

last night Janey came downstairs 
and put these medals around my neck

she said they were for "great parenting"...
i guess i got my medal after all 

************

Thanks for all the kind words yesterday!
You guys rock!! :)
Enjoy the day,
Cindy

14 comments:

  1. sounds like you got just the kind of day you needed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet girls you have. One of the things I like best about blogging is being able to write down the things our kids say and do so we can look back and remember the "little things" that really made us smile. Loved this post!
    Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its so great that you take your girls out for lunch so much. It is making me wish I did it more. . .may have to try and add that to our routine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH! There you go. A little time w/your doll babies and things are looking brighter already. :)

    That pic of you and your daughter is gorgeous! She really looks like you in that picture. And you are glowing. Must be the time spent away from the computer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a really NICE day! Great pictures! When I feel bogged down/stressed, etc, I always feel better when I get out of the house. I meant to say yesterday that I think you are such a great person and friend, mom and wife! Remember that and also, it's ok to feel down too. As moms, we have SO much on our plate, so many expectations, so many duties, etc. I hope today is TONS better.

    I wrote you back about Picnik on my comments too.

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one COOL mom & deserve many, many awards!!! This entire thing made me smile. Your girls are so loving and thoughtful. Hope today is just as wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet......gave me goose bumps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Cindy - wow, I just got finished reading your FIVE posts from while I was offline ... I love them all! First, your home looks gorgeous for Fall - that's going to be my weekend project for sure (can you believe I'm ready?!). And I can't believe soccer is over for you guys - we don't end 'til Nov 5th, ugh ... it'll be darn cold by then!!

    But most of all I want to say how much I love THIS post ... I'm so glad you recognized that the computer was draining you yesterday - and look how great things turned out once you shifted gears!! I am SO envious that you can take your girls out to lunch - what a treat that is, I'm so glad you take advantage of it b/c it really IS about "the little things" :-) ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing what some fresh air does for the soul...glad your day ended with some recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great pictures! Your daughter really looks like you in the last pic! So sweet you were awarded medals. this is what we need to remember on the challenging days! LOL
    Have a great afternoon!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so great! Is't it funny how they just knew that Mommy needed a little extra love!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a perfect lunch. Those girls of yours are just as sweet as can be! Great pictures of the girls too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like the perfect day...
    i saw a book on GMC this morning...i think it will make the perfect gift...oops...don't look...
    it stressed moments like these

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like a great day! have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete