6.25.2014

{Mini Hallway Makeover}

rarely do i see something adorable on pinterest and jump on it. maybe you know the drill...you see it...fall in love with it...pin it...stare at it longingly...but never quite get to it!:)

i looked everywhere for the source but couldn't find it...sorry 

but when i saw this image i fell big time n love.
i knew we could pull this off.
and rather quickly!

i found the sign at hobby lobby...yes i did a happy dance and squealed a bit...i had no idea long how long the inspiration photo had been floating around out there and when the sign was actually still at hobby lobby i knew it was meant to be. corney right!



we of course took this time to clean out the pantry and paint away our last remaining bit of red. lightening up that little dark space made me so happy!!

it was a family affair painting those pantry doors. not so bad for our first time. and you know what that immediately made me think right?...white kitchen cabinets here we come!!!:) someday.

love my little birdie print hanging on the garage door...got that at hobby lobby the same day...two reasons to squeal!:)

we used dolphin fin from home depot which was the color mentioned in the inspiration photo.


getting those doors back on...biggest pain of the project!:)


ta-da!
almost!
one more detail would make it perfect in my book...


a schoolhouse light!
i just love the look of those fixtures and have always wanted a reason to get one. this counts right?
we found ours at home depot.
lowes had some too but i was after the most wattage i could find and this one did the trick!


slowly but surely we will replace our other fixtures with these as well. i love em and the light is clean white and bright!



i'm inspired to tackle some of those other things i've got pinned!

have a happy day,
cindy

3 comments:

  1. Love!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats on a Pinterest success!
    Still scrolling over here. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I do the same... We have a long hallway off our garage that I want to turn into a "command" center. I have found a few things but now this gives me to kick to get it done before school starts.
    I also love the blue door! I find I am using a lot of that color in my new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the grocery sign so much. I've been wanting some words like that in my kitchen, but haven't found one yet. Maybe mine would say COFFEE, haha, or maybe I'll copy you. Love the corkboards too, and the color that you painted the door. Obviously I'm just finding time to sit down and catch up with you here, and I've missed all of this good stuff. Hope you're doing well. xo

    ReplyDelete