7.21.2010

Craft Wednesday ~Butterflies~

It's Wednesday!
Time to be crafty!

I know we have done butterflies before...but in our home, you can never have too many of the 
flighty little beauties.
I found the inspiration for this project here while I was surfing around one evening.
 Riley decided it was perfect for this weeks activity.

We didn't have a canvas to paint on so we just used regular paper.  We decided to soften our colors a bit with white (I think mixing the paints is more then half the fun) but we thought a brighter version would be great too.

First we painted the background, then we sketched our designs with pencil (press lightly if you are using pastel colors). Then we added the painted details and finished up with tracing the lines with a black sharpie. {Janey decided she liked the look of hers best without the black lines.}  I think part of what makes this project look so "professional"  is the lines around the edges. We used a 1 inch foam brush to try and get a uniform look. 


This was a pretty easy project and could be adapted to almost any decor in your child's room.
I think they came out simply adorable.

Hope you had a creative Wednesday!
See you next week!

7 comments:

  1. very cute projects. I bet they had fun painting and seeing the product of their fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty - I love them! We are big butterfly fans around here, so thanks for sharing!
    Hope you got my email, sorry I've been so behind, but trying to catch up at last!

    ReplyDelete
  3. after just finishing those canvas art projects with my girly and her friends.... I wonder... if you could collage pauge those BEAUTIFUL butterfly paintings onto Canvas to hang?? Maybe a color photocopy even ... as not to ruin the original art! =) I might have to do that with some old art from our younger years!! hm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see these pretty pictures in white frames...hung in the hallway! You girls are going to have quite the art collection by the end of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are adorable! I agree with Kerri, those would be precious in frames. Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love craft wednesdays! i agree... they ARE simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow your crafty wednesdays are rockin! You guys are so artistic...wish I could be there to join in.

    ReplyDelete