7.15.2010

We Are Enchanted...

...with this new little book we found


we just started reading it together yesterday and we can't put it down
you know that kind of book...when you say
"Ok, one more chapter, then bedtime"
and then when you're done they BEG for more!!
this is that book.

and you know what's really cool?
the author has a web-site and a blog where the kids can leave comments
and she actually replies!!!
my girls are loving that

if you are at all intrigued
and decide to start reading this book
be ready for this...


little notes, cheerios and teeny tiny cups of water left in doll houses...
for the mice:)

What books are you and your children enjoying these days?

5 comments:

  1. It so cool when kids find books that they truly like and enjoy reading....it makes all the difference in the world when it comes to being a "reader" I think.

    Why are my collages so small?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy - this is the PERFECT book for my little bug, she loves all things mice! And that last photo? I don't even need to know b/c whatever it is, she's ALL about a project like that ... great rec, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw, will email you back this week - can't wait to pick up our chat again ... just now getting back in the swing after a few days offline -

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to pick this book up for my future classroom. Thanks for the helpful hint. It sounds like your summer is fantastic. I'm glad! I LOVE Charlotte's Web as a read-aloud, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying to finish Candy Shop Wars over here.
    Glad you found a fun summer read!
    Love your Wednesday craft too.

    ReplyDelete